Sapphire Coast NSW
2 Complete Days
Max 6 participants
Beginner to Intermediate
Dates: 9am Saturday 22nd August - 7pm Sunday 23rd August 2020
Join us on a 2-day road trip from Sydney to the Sapphire Coast, the southern coast of New South Wales. Along the way, we’ll explore unique seascapes and waterfalls while utilising the light conditions to best suit the scenery. Sunrise and sunset shoots will be on the coastline.
Our destinations include the Royal National Park, Bombo Quarry and the sublime seascapes of Camel Rock and Horse Head rock in Bermagui, just to name a few.
Due to the remote location of the workshop, accommodation in Bermagui and transport from Sydney is fully covered in the workshop fee (meeting location in Sydney will be arranged when all participants are confirmed).
You will learn the technical fundamentals of how aperture, shutter speed and ISO are related, and how to control these settings to create the images you want. Discussion along the way will cover image compositions and how timing affects long exposures. There will be hands-on practice with utilising camera focus modes, white balance, and proper exposure to get sharp images with accurate colours right out of the camera.
Co-lead for this weekend will be fellow Sony Alpha Advocate Hanna Saba. Professional tuition over the 2 days will include hands-on and individualised instruction. An editing presentation and critique will be at the end of the first day. Participants will walk away with a variety of images they can call their own.
Workshops will be conducted unless weather conditions become hazardous. Refunds or reschedules may occur during this instance. Cost includes return car transport from Sydney to Bermagui . Single occupancy overnight accommodation in Bermagui is provided.
Sat Morning: Meet in Sydney at meeting point and drive to Royal National Park to photography waterfall. Continue to drive down south coast to Bermagui.
Sat Afternoon: Arrive in Bermagui, check into accomodation and then sunset shoot of Camel Rock, Horse Head Rock.
Sat Night: Dinner and post processing and image critique.
Sun Morning: Sunrise shoot of Blue Pool, Camel Rock and Horse Head Rock. Drive to Bombo
Sun Afternoon: Photography at Bombo Quarry/Cathedral Rock
Sun Evening: Return to Sydney.
* You will need a mirrorless or DSLR camera that can shoot in manual mode.
* A tripod suitable to hold your camera.
* A camera remote to trigger the camera shutter is desirable but not required.
* Neutral Density filters are highly recommended for the best long exposure results.
* Laptop with editing software (eg. Lightroom)
* Suitable walking shoes and warm clothes (if cold) are recommended, we will be on the beach early morning, so wear clothes you don't mind getting wet if you want to get up close to the water.
* An overnight bag with change of clothes and toothbrush for the next day.
* 2 Professional photography guides
* 1 night accommodation (3 star rating, wifi available, kitchen available)
* Single Occupancy (large villa)
* Private car transportation return from Sydney to Bermagui (Pickup-Drop off location in Sydney TBA)
* Post-Processing and critique night session
* Alcoholic beverages
* Travel insurance
* Equipment and baggage insurance
To reserve your spot for this workshop, a payment of $460 (AUD) can be made via Paypal.
Spots are strictly limited and on a first in basis of bookings made.
Workshop will be guided by professional photographers Andy Yee and Hanna Saba.
Andy Yee is a professional photographer who specializes in travel/tourism, architecture and commercial projects. He is a Sony Digital Imaging Advocate and the winner of the Sony Alpha Landscape Award. Andy has travelled extensively in all seasons of the year and worked on projects with several tourism agencies and publications.
Hanna Saba is a passionate photographer based in Sydney, Australia. Hanna specialises in a vast selection of photography categories; Weddings, Christenings, Special Events, Portraiture and Landscapes. He manages a broad range of thriving communities online, where he shares a variety of content to over 150,000 + members, with a large social media following which is continuing to grow.